Sunday, July 13, 2008

More News from Brian...

I didn't get any footage yesterday, but today I made up for it! We got a little bit of a late start because we rented a car which took forever and then we got lost trying to get out of town. Finally we figured out how to get out and we drove to the dead sea; which is the lowest point on Earth. I got some good footage that I will share with you later. It was blazing hot and even the water was hot; they say the water temp can top out at 98 degrees! It was pretty cool. Then we drove safely through the West Bank all the way up to the Sea of Galilee where we visited the branch house for the only land in Israel that the church owns. We ate lunch on a pier overlooking the lake and ate fish that was caught that morning. The fish is called St. Peter's fish and is probably the same kind that they ate in the days of Christ. Every main meal we've had is also served with fresh pita bread...really yummy. Not everything has been good but at least I haven't got sick from anything.
Then we went to the Mount of the Beatitudes where Jesus taught the sermon on the Mount, and Capernaum and some other sights that I will tell you all about when I show you pictures and footage!
Once again I'm beat but I think I'm adjusted well enough to sleep well tonight and be in good shape for my meetings tomorrow and Tuesday.
This has absolutely helped strengthen my testimony and it makes we want to read the New Testament now that I have a better idea how the area is laid out...it really changes so many of my pre-conceived notions. It is teaching me a lot about the people and even the current news will make more sense after being here and having these experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment