Thursday, July 10, 2008

Isreal


Brian is gone for the week in Isreal, part business part pleasure. He has an important meeting in Tel Aviv with a potential partner, and since he's all the way on the other side of the world, he decided to take 2 vacation days to go see the holy land! I'm excited for him. I sent him off with the camera and video camera to document all the sights that I may never get to see on my own. I'm sure he'll catch you up on the trip when he gets back, but I think he plans to see the Garden of Gethsemane, Golgotha, the tomb, the BYU center, etc. I told him to bring me back some olive oil and a nativity scene made from olive wood, and something for Jackson and Zoe, but he said I was cheating and just wanted more things :)

On his way out of town, we stopped by to have brunch at the home of one of the guys he works with (and also traveling with, thank goodness). They are a super fun family that happens to live next to the old Hinckley home. We got to see the stump of the walnut tree that was cut down to make the pulpit for the conference center. It was a huge stump! Anyway, it was cool to turn the farewell into a fun/historic/sight-seeing morning before we had to say our goodbyes. We will miss him while he's gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment