Friday, July 18, 2008

Before and Afters

ok. I'm finally getting around to it. I hadn't realized how few "before" pictures we have of the home until now. Those of you who have been to visit, will appreciate the many changes we made! Some of these photos were taken off of the actual home tour listing... and had we looked at the home on-line first, we would have never scheduled a walk through. There was so much frilly wallpaper and trimming!

But since we drove by the home first, we fell in love with the curb appeal and scheduled the walk-through from there. Actually seeing the home in person was the selling point. We saw so much potential! Little did we know what amount of work that "potential" would require!







We removed so much wallpaper, repainted just about everything in every room, re-textured walls, new light fixtures, new carpet, new kitchen, you name it. And we are just getting started! I hesitate to call any of these "after" pictures because they are still in the works (as you can see, this mud room closet still needs a door).

Many of these projects I have done while Jackson is sleeping, or when Brian is on a trip (I was really busy while he was in Israel!). Needless to say, my card making has taken a back burner for other crafty hobbies! Hope you like what you see!















Maybe I should have kept this carpet? What do you think?



















Old Kitchen....we sold all of it on KSL! You can read my old post about that....cabinet doors were falling off, appliances didn't work. Etc., etc.




New Kitchen, we still are working on the window area and placing the outlet covers on. But at least I have a stove!














More of that frilly wallpaper that had to go!! I love my polka dot pigs!! We are going to replace the faucet next, right Brian?



















More wallpaper....we turned this room into the playroom. It's pretty cute and I got my color inspiration from Stampin up! We decided to put carpet here (it use to be a blue wood floor), because it's a playroom and kids wrestle...enough said. Don't mind the mess. We also made a cute little cubby space just for kids. Can't say enough about that wallpaper though!








Here is the parlor. We didn't change much, just painted, but I love this room. It's my favorite and the ceiling is sooo cool!













This is the master bedroom. I don't have any "after" pics, I haven't had a chance to decorate it yet, and we still have work....but wait and see! Our bathroom has no light fixtures yet and is only textured and primed. But we have a lot of plans for it!!














No comments:

Post a Comment