Saturday, November 29, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

 We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was probably as picture perfect as you can get with this Holiday. Brian played football in the morning. We had a small gathering of Grandparents from both sides and a young man named Troy from Elmo an Judy's ward who didn't have a place to go for Thanksgiving.


I have to hand it to Brian for being such a great cook! The meal was so wonderfully tasting because of him! I was just his helper. We ate a perfectly brined and roasted herbed turkey, sour cream and butter mashed potatoes, delicious gravy, homemade rolls, sweet potato casserole, fresh green and fruit salads, and pumpkin and apple pies. I enjoyed making a beautiful tablescape and place settings....but of course, I was so busy helping in the kitchen I didn't take a picture of any of it until we were done and the kitchen was cleaned up and we were ready to eat pie. But the kids love pie!!





I snagged this one of Brian eating leftovers the next day, which is honestly a highlight to having such a great meal! I love leftovers! My iPhone has a messed-up camera, so you'll see these purple spots on all my pictures. I gotta get a new one :)

After the meal, we played games, chatted, and put the kids to bed on time!


On Friday, we went to Santa's big event and watched Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive on the helicopter. It's always fun to see a helicopter, our kids love it, but even more fun when it's carrying Santa!! They got free reindeer hats, hot cocoa, treats, and made a Christmas card and played games while they waited. It was warm enough that by the end, we had all shed our coats.




 The helicopter was really cool! It even had read and green on it!








 After the helicopter event, we passed a Christmas tree lot and decided to get one, so we picked out a pretty Mountain Pine. The kids played hide in seek in the rest of the trees. It was fun for all. Eli is still getting over a cough :) I love Thanksgiving beacue it ushers in the Christmas season! It's such  fun time for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment