Friday, November 21, 2014

Daddy-Kid dates

This is a guest post from Dad. This last spring I told the three oldest kids that I would take them each on *two* on-on-one dates over the summer months. They were all so excited - as was I. We spent a Sunday afternoon drawing pictures of all of our date ideas and then each of the kids picked their top two ideas that they wanted to do together. It made for a busy, but super-dangly dad-gum awesome summer. I love each one of them SOOOOOOOO much!! It was a total pleasure for me to be able to spend some special time with each of them making some special memories. Here are some photos, from top to bottom:

- Strawberry Days Carnival with Zoey - riding the Ferris wheel has become a tradition that we do every year.

- Kayaking the Provo River with Eli - favorite parts were seeing a deer in the water and Eli falling asleep after we fell in the river together. 

 - Kayaking the Provo Rover with Jackson - he wanted to do all the rowing himself and he was surprisingly good!

- Deer Valley outdoor princess concert with the Utah Symphony and Broadway singers doing favorite songs from all of Zoey's favorite Disney movies, including Tangled, Frozen, Princess and the Frog, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid and more. Zoey had been looking forward to this one for so long and waiting patiently for me when I got home to pick her up. We took a picnic dinner and both had an amazingly special evening. Zoey was 100% entranced and I loved seeing her sing along. It was the best to spend such a great evening with my little princess!! Mom even did her hair in my favorite way ever - piggy-tails with plumeria flowers. 

- 32 mile Utah Rides for Cancer bike ride with Jackson. This was a great date that I was so glad that Jackson chose. We trained all summer leading up to it and he did great! He is such an amazingly little rider. He was by far the youngest rider in the entire event and everybody there was so impressed with him. The whole family came to the finish line to cheer for us and it made us both feel pretty special. I think it was great for him to do something so hard and rewarding. Jackson has always been such an independent boy and this ride was no different - he always wanted to ride in front of me so that he could be the one to find and follow the green arrows that marked the route that took us from Provo, south around East Bay to Springville and out near Lake Shore and towards Benjamin. 

- Camping with Eli on Timpooneke Road. This was a great overnight camping trip with Eli. He is a great camping buddy. We loved setting up camp and hiking around for fire wood and talking about all the animals that might be in the forest. We had a great dinner consisting of tin foil dinners that Chelsea made us - she makes the best tin foil dinners in the Universe - and s'mores. I enjoyed  telling  Eli the story of how I asked Chelsea to marry me and showing him the exact spot.  I loved watching him go to sleep at night looking up at the stars and then watching him wake up in the morning and snuggling while the sun came up through the trees. It was a great way to end a special summer.  








































No comments:

Post a Comment