Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Red, White, and Cherry pie....oh, I mean Blue


Some days I love technology, and other days it drives me CRAZY! All within a week our computer crashed, my phone died, our camera was lost, and Brian went swimming with the electronic keys to my car. Needless to say, I've been going crazy without a sense of touch to the outside world! I'm stealing precious time from Brian and his laptop to get in a few updates of our family.

Hope everyone had a fab 4th of July. Ours seemed to extend throughout the whole weekend...Friday to Monday. It was fun to say the least.

Friday, we were invited to a superb pre-fourth of July party at some friend's ranch in Walsburg. They were hosting a pie contest, among many other things (like a mechanical riding bull contest), and so Brian set out to make a beautiful cherry pie. For those of you who know Brian well, you know he's a great cook, and his projects turn out to be masterpieces. The trick was getting the pie from our oven to the party (in WALSBURG, let me remind you...30 minutes away) in as good of shape. We were running late, and so the pie didn't make it out of the oven until we were supposed to be on the road, so I had the job of balancing an oven-hot cherry pie on a cookie sheet up the canyon. It was too hot to rest in my lap, and the rest of the car was packed with things for us and the children, so we decided me holding the pie on a cookie sheet would work. I have to say I did pretty well at keeping the pie from sliding too much, or the juiced from spilling over the side...UNTIL the final stop sign before the party! One glance away on my part, and a jolty start on Brian's part, made the pie slide right up to the edge of the cookie sheet next to my chest, spilling it's ruby red juices all over the front side of my shirt! I was so mad, sad, surprised, I didn't know what to do! I wiped as much as I could with some wet wipes from the diaper bag, but it just made a bigger mess. Then I remembered I had some travel size oxyclean spray....so I went to town with the spray. Within minutes, the stain was GONE! No lie. Cherry juice was completely erased from my shirt. I couldn't believe it, but I whole-heartedly endorse the spray for stain removal!

No comments:

Post a Comment