Monday, October 13, 2008

Quircky me

So my sister-in-law, Taraleigh, tagged me a while ago about this, and I'm finally getting around to posting it on my blog. I am usually the picture taker and so I don't often have pictures of me...I guess this one wil have to work.

Here are the rules: Link the person who tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tell 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.


1) I hate being “underprepared” for things. I know that my definition of being prepared is what some might consider “over prepared”. For example, last year I planned my Christmas cards in June and this year, I will have them done before Thanksgiving, but that's partly because I know I won't have time to worry about it after the baby is born. Nothing is a last minute deal (except for dinner sometimes) otherwise I stress out too much and can’t sleep.
2) In the age of technology and computer-phones, I still prefer my method of post-it notes and printed calendars. I hand write a “to-do” list daily, and love to see items get crossed off the list. On the calendar, my menu for the week is planned in one color, activities in another, and reminders or appointments in another. The messier the calendar, the better I feel about having a so called “life”
3) I ask Jackson questions that I know he won’t respond to….like when the cashier at Harmons asks what color of balloon he wants, I turn and ask Jackson “What color do you want?” knowing he won’t respond to that…but it’s good practice to get him engaged in conversation, right? At least I don’t feel like I’m talking SOLELY to myself all day.
4) I have a hard time completing sentences, and along with that, I expect others to know what I’m talking about, or finish the sentence for me. Bad habit of communication…I know!
5) I love just sitting in Zoey’s Nursery and looking at the little pink clothes, waiting for her to come! It also helps me fight the urge to go shopping for girls clothes, if I just take a trip to the closet and see what has already been given to me, then I can feel somewhat relieved of the urge to shop!
6) I get bored of projects quickly. I have several things going at once so I can switch tasks depending on my mood that day. I switch between painting, sewing, card making, scrapbooking and reading. All started, few completed…but don’t worry, I’ll get there (especially if I have a self-imposed deadline)!

I tag: Mauri, Trina, Claire, Christina, Lindsay, Ashley Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment