Sunday, October 26, 2008

Formal Gig

Friday night, Brian and I were invited to the Utah Technology Council Hall of Fame Inductee Formal Event. Brian likes to call it a mutual admiration event...where a bunch of "business celebrities" gather together to network and pat each other on the back over a $400 a plate dinner. All in all, it was a grand evening, I'm just glad we didn't have to pay for the dinner! It was fun to get all dressed up and to spend the evening with Brian as he introduced me to some key people he works with in the business world. Sometimes I feel so far removed from his work while I stay at home and take care of Jackson.

I can't say that the preparation for this event was hassle free. I was extremely worried about finding something to wear for the evening! Afterall, how many formal evening gowns are modest AND made to fit an 8 month pregnant woman?!? I was told from one of the Ladies at Brian's office not to worry about what I wore because nobody would remember anyway, but I still felt all strikes were against me. By Thursday morning, I still had not found an outfit I felt worked. Luckily, I was able to borrow a skirt from my friend Megan, and quickly found a black maternity top to wear with it at the mall- spiced it up with a jacket from Anne Taylor and some jewelry and hair accessories- and poof! There you have it! Thanks to all who helped put me together that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment