Thursday, October 30, 2008

Copy Cat

Jackson is the best little copy cat right now. This is SUPER cute when we are trying to teach him the hand motions to "itsy bitsy spider" or the "slippery fish" song. Not so cute when he comes home from nursery saying "mine" and "no, no, no".

Lately, there have been a lot of little things he is picking up on, and when I see HIM repeat it, its shocking to see myself or Brian in what he does and says. One of my favorites is "awe man!" and "oh no!"

The other night, I heard him wake up and say over and over in his high-pitched toddler voice, "oh no!" I was thinking the same thing..."oh no! It can't be time to wake up!" I rolled over and sure enough, it was only 4:45 a.m. I thought he'd go back to sleep, but when he kept repeating it, I thought I'd better check on him incase he was wet or something. Turns out, he was just cold and his blankets had fallen off of him. He was sitting up in bed and pointing to his blankets saying "oh, no!" As soon as I covered him back up, he went right back to sleep. Cute....but somebody needs to teach him how to put his own blankets back on!

Today was another one of those cute moments. I was preparing for my lesson to teach Sunday, sitting at the kitchen table while Jackson played around me. Pretty soon, he had made his way up to the table and was copying me...a thing I had no idea I was doing until he made a point to copy it. He rested his fists on his cheeks and elbows on the table...he looks cuter at it than me...but I realized its my "studying" pose that I've pulled since my college days. I had to grab the camera and snag a quick photo. Too bad I couldn't catch his eyes totally open, but then maybe that's what I looked like too! he he

What will he pick up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment