Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh! The Joys of Pregnancy...

If you were to ask me how I am feeling, "pregnant" is about the only appropriate response! The baby and the belly continue to grow, leaving less room to breath and to bend, making it hard to find the distinction between my ribs and her feet! I get the backaches and the ligament stretching, and all the other woes of the third trimester, but I decided I am not going to complain about this from now until the birth! You can mark my words, Brian....

I was thinking earlier this week about all of the reasons why we decided to get pregnant again (besides the obvious gift of having another child in our home), and all of those things I love about pregnancy... looking back with fondness after forgetting all of the discomforts, that is! I found an article on babycenter.com called "50 things to love about being pregnant", I narrowed it down to a list of ones that I like:
  • The early weeks when only Brian and I knew our special secret.
  • Knowing I've got nine whole months to plan and prepare.
  • Pregnancy is Nature's way of making me feel good about putting on weight.
  • At last I've got the bosom I've always wanted...
  • Feeling a new appreciation for my own mother and all she went through having me.
  • Decorating the nursery
  • Feeling those first fluttering kicks Going for healthy walks with Jackson or Brian and getting fresh air in the lungs because it's good for me and good for the baby.
  • Feeling a little pair of heels prodding under my ribs and knowing I'll soon be meeting the little person they belong to!
  • Choosing baby clothes - or just surfing babygap.com and planning what I’m going to buy.
  • Knowing that from now on, whatever happens, I'll never be bored again.
  • Making new friends whenever I go shopping - everyone has a pregnancy story to share.
  • Imagining what she will look like
  • Looking at my growing bump in the mirror and realizing there's a person in there!
  • Making all those phone calls to announce the arrival. Telling everyone the news and hearing the excitement in their voices.
  • Waking up to see Zoey, outside of my tummy and thinking, 'Wow! This is real. I'm a mom-again!'

So in case I ever forget, there are wonderful things about being pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment