Monday, September 8, 2008

Catch-Up #3- Eating By Himself!

Avoiding tantrums has been the name of the game lately. Jackson has insisted on feeding himself, which usually caused a frustrated mom and son ending in tears, and food on the floor. I decided it was high time he got this feeding thing down! A light clicked on when I saw a box of pudding in our pantry and I decided to give it a try. It worked! The taste was something he WANTED to get in his mouth, and the pudding was something that STAYED on the spoon, even if it were upside down! I let him have his own bowl and spoon, and 'have at it' for three days (pudding was not the only thing he ate...don't worry, I still am a mom who wants healthy children too). By the end, he just about mastered feeding himself. I'm so proud! Here is a video of him with cereal....

No comments:

Post a Comment