Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

Thursday was Jackson's first birthday! I can't believe it has already been a year! He has grown so fast. We threw a little birthday party for him with family and friends~thank you to all who came! We had a BBQ baked potato bar, and of course, cake and ice cream for dessert.


I had been practicing with some cupcake recipes and found an egg less chocolate recipe that turned out all right. At least I could let Jackson eat the batter on a spoon without feeling guilty! But ultimately the vanilla cupcakes won (Brian said the chocolate recipe was like a lethal dose of chocolate). If you have ever tried a made-from-scratch recipe that doesn't turn out too dry, let me know! I ended up going with a box of good old Betty Crocker~ moist every time!


Jackson has always been cautious about new things (except for walking!) He studies toys before he decides he likes it, he studies food before it goes in his mouth, he studies new places, everything ( I think he gets it from Brian)...so it came as no surprise that he didn't dive into his cake. He studied it, touched it, licked the frosting (and then wondered why it was still sticking to his hand ~ he tried to shake it off). Finally, he ripped the cake open, tried a couple of bites, and then decided it wasn't for him! It was fun just watching!






It was more fun watching Jackson, this time, open his presents than at Christmas. He actually got the idea that something fun was beneath all that paper. The day after his birthday was really nice too! He kept busy and mom was happy!




Take a close look at Jackson's shirt...it says "I'm a big bother!" yes...that is an announcement! Jackson will be a big brother around Thanksgiving. We are so excited. I am almost three months along and out of the first trimester! I wanted to wait until I found out the sex of the baby, and make a total surprise announcement, but I couldn't wait that long! I am hoping for another boy, but Brian thinks it'll be a girl. We'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment