Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Side Dish


So, this week is one of those weeks where Brian is out of town all week. I hate cooking just for me, especially right now, I hate cooking period. The smells, food in general, makes me sick~ I thought at 13 weeks pregnant it was supposed to get better!

Anyway, I have had the pleasure of eating at my mom's every night this week. Thanks mom! Sometimes it feels like I've never moved out! Ha ha. We live so close, it's great to reap the benefits. Needless to say, I won't be posting a recipe for a main meal this week, but I will post a side dish recipe. While my mom has been doing most of the cooking, I have helped with side dishes.

We were rebelling the weather and planning a summer-like menu this week with grilling and fajitas, etc. This is one of my favorite Mango Salsas in the world! It has a ton of flavor, lots of color, and the right mix of sweet and spicy! There are no tomatoes, and in my opinion, tomatoes don't belong in mango salsa! The taste and the texture mess it all up! But this recipe is like garden fresh goodness! I always feel so healthy eating it, even if I do have a side of tortilla chips to go along with it! So here you go. You can't mess this up, unless yo change the ingredients!


Mango Salsa


1 to 2 ripe mango(s), peeled, pitted and diced

1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped

1 jalepeno chile, de-seeded and finely chopped

1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped

1 red bell pepper

2 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped

3 limes, juiced

Salt and Pepper to taste


No comments:

Post a Comment