Saturday, August 15, 2015

Happy Anniversary!

So it's been 11 years... I can hardly believe it! It's been a wonderful 11 years, the best of my life and I'm happy with the family we've created. Brian took me on a date Thursday night to see Time for Three perform with the Utah Symphony at Red Butte Garden. It was fantastic!


On Friday, Brian took half the day off work and we spent the afternoon at Deer Creek. It was a really fun day for the kids. I think it would make an awesome tradition on the last weekend before school starts each year. We rented a floating trampoline and just played all afternoon at the lake!




 Eli skipping rocks..he tried so hard!



We stayed until dinnertime. The weather was awesome. Brian left with Zoey to grab us Cafe Rio from Heber and bring it back to the lake to eat. I was watching the 4 boys. Jackson was on the trampoline and the other three were playing on the shore by me. Eli decided he wanted to go back out to jump --he had made it out on his own before. As I was watching Calvin and Isaac, my back was turned and I heard Eli yell for help. When I looked to see where he was, he hadn't made it to the trampoline but was stuck in deep water and couldn't swim! He was bobbing up just long enough to catch a breath and sinking! Agh! I was so scared because the water was murky and I had to act quick. I ran into the lake with all my clothes, hat and sunglasses on, I dived for him just in time! It was a very scary moment! I lost my sunglasses, but my hat floated back up to the surface. Not a loss compared to what might have been! Whew! A man on the beach came over to help watch the other two boys on shore, since I ran out in such a hurry, they wanted to follow after me. Luckily all ended well! I thank my lucky stars we didn't have a tragedy on our anniversary! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment