Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Epic Relay

Last weekend, 11 friends and I ran an Epic relay from Logan to Jackson Hole (our course was 206 miles long). It was an amazing experience. I was the team captain and had been looking forward to this race since January. I can't believe it has come and gone! 

On Thursday, we met as a team in Logan. We had runners coming from all over the state as well as from parts of Idaho and Wyoming. We chatted, decorated our vans...and painted toenails! We were the S.W.A.T team (standing for "sweaty, worn-out, and tired")!
 These are the girls from my van (we split into 2 vans with 6 runners in each). I was lucky to run with my sister and a few good friends from my ward. The two other girls I met on that day, but we got along great. We had the BEST van!! So much fun and positive energy!

We had a 6am start time, had to be at the check in by 5:30, but with nerves, we didn't sleep much. Here we are at the start. 



 Some beautiful country we ran through, it was gorgeous! I felt so lucky to run!


 My sister acting like a goof. She kept us laughing the whole time.




My sister and I with smiles on. Her goal was to run all her legs without walking, which she did- she rocked. mine was to run all my legs without walking AND with a smile on (which I did)! 




 It was literally a blast. I soooo want to do another one! Here is us finally making it to Jackson! Yipee!

The whole team crossed the finish line together. It was an emotional experience. Van 2 had it a little rougher, but I think all in all, we had a good time, but most of all, we made good friends!

4 comments:

  1. You are INSANE! You amaze me with your energy and dedication. Good for you and so glad to hear you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...a little coo-coo, but it's really what keeps me sane! you should do it with me next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea!! Oh my goodness!! I would LOVE, LOVE to do this with you guys next year!!! Looks like SO much fun!! PLEASE keep me in mind!! You guys are the best! So glad to know you both!! :-) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I will totally keep you in mind! We won a free spot in the race next year because our video WON the contest!! check it out here: http://www.vimeo.com/28318999

    ReplyDelete