Sunday, August 7, 2011

Annie's wedding


 Annie was married in the Salt Lake temple on Tuesday. The kids survived well enough. They loved the temple the best. Zoey was running around screaming "This is the BEST. DAY. EVER!" For all of you Tangled fans out there...you might recognize where she picked this up!


Here are the kids waiting for Aunt Annie to come out. Zoey was so enthralled with the brides and the white dresses! She is already looking forward to her day and couldn't stop talking about it. 


 The new happy couple! We are so happy for them both and feel they make a great match!


 All the nieces wanted to help hold Annie's train. Anything they could do to touch her beautiful dress. Zoey was so happy to help.


 Annie and the nieces and nephews...a preview of what's to come for them- ha ha!


My handsome hubby (on the right) with his younger sister and brother. 


After the temple we had about an hour and a half until the luncheon, so we went to the church history museum and visited the interactive Book of Mormon display. I read about it in the Friend and wanted to check it out. It was quite amazing! The kids had fun. Above, Jackson is fishing from Nephi's boat. Below, Zoey got to dress up and dance in native clothing.



These next few pictures are what I spent two weeks of my life putting together! Annie had a vision and asked me to help pull it off...so I did what she wanted. I wasn't going to be a bridesmaid in name only after all....besides she's my sister-in-law! Of course, I would do it.  It was a ton of work, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I really love getting creative and it's been a while since I've had my own project, so it was a perfect "filler". Although, it did encroach on my running, but I'm feeling prepared enough for my relay this weekend, that I felt it was worth it.

This is the buffet table. I created and wrapped all the boxes to make different levels of display. She had chosen candies and doughnuts to be served. We rounded up as many glass containers as we could find, and all the unique pieces really made a statement themselves. I loved looking at the fun vases, cake plates, platters, and candle holders we collected.




 My sister-in-law, Taraleigh helped design the tags. It wouldn't have looked near as cool without her help! She is so creative. The tags alone took hours to make. I stayed up WAAAY too late several nights making them. I also decorated the candles, mason jars filled with lemons and limes,  and made topiaries for display. The mason jars were repeated as centerpieces on the tables with flowers and wedding pictures.









Anyway, that was a ton of pictures. but it was a ton of work and I wanted to remember it! Two weeks of work for two hours of display! 

Below are some more fun wedding pictures, just candid. It was a beautiful day, but very long for the kids. I'm surprised they hung in there as well as they did! 



Zoey loved being in a white dress like Annie!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome job! It all looked so beautiful. I loved the fresh summer colors. It's so nice to get the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete