Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!


I remember my mom doing fun things for the holidays when we were young. It was something that was fun for us. I enjoyed looking forward to each holiday and have good memories of them with my mom. I want my children to have the same thing, so I planned this "green theme" for St. Patrick's day, only Brian was going to be out of town for the actual day, so we celebrated it early...
We got Dr. Seuss's "Green Eggs and Ham" book (Jackson loves books) and we've been reading this one in preparation for our meal. For breakfast, we ate green eggs and "ham" (Brian picked up bacon at the store instead of ham, saying it was more or less the same thing...),
You do not like them.
So you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may, I say.
Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And of course we dressed in green. It wasn't anything outlandish, and maybe he'll never remember eating green eggs for breakfast, but we had fun doing it. Maybe on the real holiday we'll frost some sugar cookies with green frosting or something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment