Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!


If you're like Brian, you probably celebrate the big holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter with pizazz while giving hardly any thought to the little holidays like... April Fool's Day. Which makes it all the more advantageous for someone like me, who revels in even the smallest reason to celebrate, to get away with pulling a prank.
I read about this idea of coloring milk and thought it would be a great prank to pull where Jackson could participate and have fun with it too. We had just enough milk at the bottom of our gallon (which happens to come in an opaque container-perfect!) that I didn't feel like I'd be wasting perfectly good milk.
I can't believe how childish I felt as we gathered around the breakfast table this morning and waited to see Brian's reaction! I causally waited, poured cereal into mine and Jackson's bowl, and allowed Brian to be the first to the milk. He poured just enough to notice something was "wrong" and looked at me. I busted up laughing and gave Jackson a high-five! We got him!
I have to say that blue milk in cereal is in no way appetizing! In fact, Jackson was the only one who couldn't get enough of the blue milk. He drank it so fast from of his bowl that it barely made his cereal damp. But whatever, it was fun! April Fool's, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment