Monday, February 16, 2009

Owee...


Brian and I were just commenting on how lusciously long and dark Jackson's eyelashes were at breakfast (the kind that will make his sister(s) jealous someday), little did I know a nurse would be looking at those same lashes later that morning saying, "those lashes are so long, we could use those to stitch you up!"
Jackson was riding his little push-and-ride truck we gave him for Christmas...drinking his juice..no big deal (ok, maybe that's where I went wrong, should I be teaching him not to drink and drive at this age?). All of a sudden I turn around and he had slipped off of the seat and his eye met the corner of the base molding just perfectly that it split his eye right open. OUCH! I had to tell myself not to freak out because that would just scare Jackson, but that must have been AFTER he saw my initial facial reaction....he freaked out.
Luckily my mother-in-law was available to zip over and watch Zoey so I could take Jack in for stitches. This was not an easy task, don't be fooled. He got three stitches: one stitch in the eyelid (between the brow and the lashes) and two on his upper cheek bone just below the eye. Poor KID! I felt soooo bad for him. The worst part was holding him down to numb it up. Not good. I had to hold his legs between MY legs to keep him from kicking, cross his hands over his chest and lay on top of him to keep him from moving AND a nurse was holding his head to keep him from squirming away from the Doc who had a needle pointed at his eye! whew! And he was screaming "mommy, owee" the whole time....doesn't that just pull at your heart?
After the torture was over at the Doctor's office, we got him some french fries and nuggets for being such a big boy! I'm so glad he's at the age where french fries can make it all better!
I will post pictures of the accident after the band-aid comes off...it's pretty ugly right now as you can imagine. I'm sure his eye will be black and blue in no time. I just hope he heals well and doesn't have a huge scar to detract from those lovely lashes!

No comments:

Post a Comment