Thursday, February 26, 2009

Babies don't keep


My visiting teacher dropped by a little poem, which I thought was really cute. Yea for visiting teachers! She had heard of Zoey getting sick and thought I might like this:
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
For Babies grow up,
as we have learned from our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby,
and babies don't keep."
Ironically, I was rocking Zoey at the moment she stopped by. Her fever had spiked again (I thought we were over that phase!) and she was just so tired and uncomfortable and couldn't fall asleep on her own. Of course in the back of my mind I was thinking, "I need to mop up that juice Jackson spilled on our floor that hasn't been swept in 4 days...."
It is just a cute poem I thought I would share. A great reminder for me to enjoy all of the times with my babies, because they truly don't keep....and not to worry about things that can wait for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment