Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lights Out!

Wednesday night, the power went out at our house for several hours. I remember as a child growing up in Texas, we would have these torrential rain storms that would sometimes cause the power to go out at school. We would all cheer when this would happen...we loved it!

After Jackson started showing frustration when he kept bumping his head on things, I decided to start making it a little fun. We gathered all our candles around the house and lit them. Jackson is fascinated by fire (watch out!) and liked watching the flames flicker. I think he had more fun blowing the candles out then lighting them .

When Brian came home from work, he had the great idea of playing hide and seek in the dark! The catch was, the person hiding had to hide with Jackson. It was easy at first because Jackson had a hard time staying quiet, but towards the end, he caught on to the idea and we actually had to seek for one another. It was a blast! Brian always amazes me at how great of a dad he is!! This game was a hit!

While I taught yoga, Brian bathed Jackson in the dark with some of those florescent bracelets we had left over from Halloween. One of them broke and splattered all over the bathroom walls...but Jackson loved it! I'm glad he was able to turn the "lights out" experience into something fun for him. I'd like him to have fun memories like I did when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment