Wednesday, August 27, 2008

September

Mention to me September and my nerves get all wound up. I can't believe it's only a few days away, considering that halfway through August my mind still thought we were in July! Did you know September's flower is the Morning Glory? This picture is obviously not the weed I pick constantly out of my flower beds....
To me, September means Fall, which also means the new baby is right around the corner. Mixed emotions of excitement, anticipation, and nervousness of having a new baby once again- but mostly just an overwhelming sense of, well, being overwhelmed! I know that this emotion is self-inflicted, because what I feel overwhelmed about is all the pre-baby preparatory things that I haven't done yet, that I seemed to have more than enough time for with the last pregnancy. Things like getting the nursery ready, picking out bedding, painting an accent wall, making the 1st year scrapbook, pre-making baby announcements and Christmas Cards, organizing her closet (there would be nothing to organize if it wasn't for my friend Mauri who donated a bunch of girl clothes- BIG thanks!), the list goes on, but you get the idea.
September also means the Holidays are right around the corner, and that means finding a Halloween costume for Jackson at the right moment they go on sale, but not too late to miss all the cute costumes (don't be fooled and wait until October- I learned my lesson when I missed out on all the pool items in July). It means that after Halloween, comes the Thanksgiving/Christmas rush (oh, and the baby-did I mention that?).
Boy do I wish I could slow time. I thought summer would give me all the time I needed to prepare myself, now I'm wondering where the time has gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment