Friday, August 22, 2008

Terrible Twos?

So the other morning, Brian was witness to one of Jackson's tantrums. Now he knows what I'm talking about when he's gone at work...I just never expected it to start so early (early as in time of day AND early as in Jackson's age...he's only 16 months after all)!

We were sitting down to eat breakfast together, and Brian was helping Jackson eat his yogurt so that I could set the table and fix our breakfast. All of a sudden, Jackson starts SCREAMING and big ol' alligator tears start rolling down his face. Brian, totally confused, starts looking around the high chair to see if he got pinched or something, all the while asking, "what's wrong, little buddy?"

I just start laughing...head over to the high chair and hand Jackson the spoon that was in Brian's hand, full of blueberry yogurt. Crying ceased. That, I told him, was a tantrum.

Jackson is so independent, it started off just wanting to hold a spoon while we fed him...now he's got to do the whole thing "all by himself". Which he can't. So he gets frustrated and food gets everywhere. What to do?

I'm reading a book (actually a guide) on toddler's. Boy am I scared for the next three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment