Thursday, March 13, 2008

Who knew?



You have heard the saying, "Everything but the Kitchen sink" well, this deal included the kitchen sink! Brian and I are having custom cabinetry installed in the kitchen of our new house, and we were planning on taking sledge hammers to the old cabinetry and dumping it. We even planned a demolition party for Saturday morning. Last minute, my dad suggested we list it on KSL, so we did. I didn't think we'd have much interest. I even thought I priced it too high (at $1100 for the cabinetry, counter tops, appliances, and of course, the kitchen sink). Who knew that this specific layout would work in another's home? Within minutes, we had several people who were interested in looking at it. I got 5 calls within a half hour later- all potential buyers! I began thinking "they must know something we don't"...or "maybe I should have priced it higher afterall"! We met two families last night, both want the kitchen, and both will rip it out and haul it away for us. Sold! In less than 24 hours- What a deal! What would have been dumped, is now an extra $1100 in our pockets, PLUS we don't have to do the work of ripping out the old kitchen ourselves. Who Knew!?!? Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment