Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Birthday Time!

May is full of Birthdays at our house. I couldn't be happier to have these 3 boys in my life! I really feel blessed. Jackson is thoughtful, Calvin is gracious, and Brian is the best thing that's happened to me!


Jackson celebrated his 7th birthday on May 1st. He got a bike from mom and dad, harmonica from grandma/pa Beutler, and outdoor toys from grandma/pa Gray. 


He wanted a fire-breathing dragon cake. So I made a BTS cake with a dragon on top. The fire coming out of the dragon's mouth was "lighting" his birthday candle.


  We celebrated the birthdays by visiting Thanksgiving point (we got free passes from our Tulip Festival Race). We rode horses at the Farm county, went for a tractor ride, and walked through the dinosaur museum. I would have loved to walk through the Tulip Festival Gardens, but we ran out of time, and we were really there to do what the kids wanted anyway :)





Playing in the sand digging for dinosaurs was the highlight for Eli and Calvin at the dinosaur museum. They loved the hands-on displays. Zoey and Jackson loved the star bridge and the new tinker exhibit where they could explore how things function with different science projects.



All the boys had a combined birthday party. Calvin turns 2 on May 8th and Brian turns 35 on the 15th. I made them a 7 layer strawberry cake (vanilla cake layered with pudding, strawberries and whip cream). We enjoyed the company of the grandparents, Danny and Christina and Paul's family. Calvin got a shovel set from Grandma/pa Beutler, a push-along ball car from Grandma/pa Gray, and Legos from mom and Dad.


I gave Brian a day of fishing with a friend and gourmet breakfast/lunch, and a dinner/movie date later that night. I also planned to take care of his fix-it items so that he could really enjoy the day off. He got a gardening book from his parents and spending money from my parents. Overall the boys were spoiled and happy with their birthdays! 


3 comments:

  1. Man, I haven't been up to date on your for way too long! Your new baby!!! So handsome!!!!!! Congratulations!!! It's so fun to see your beautiful family grow. Those children are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind thoughts! We're definitley growing, but I think we've reached our "critical mass' so to speak :)
      I love catching up on your family's blog too...life sounds good and happy and busy for you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete