Saturday, April 26, 2014

Earth Day

Brian and I ran in the Tulip Festival 5k. It was cold and rainy. Our hands were numb and we were soaked to the bone by the finish. By the way, who pays for these images of runners crossing the finish line? They are so over priced....

We placed 131/132 overall out of 800 runners, finishing in 28:30. I was 12th in my age division and 43rd in gender (which shows the people who are passing me are mostly men or younger)! I feel pretty satisfied with our accomplishment! Not bad for just having a baby 4 months ago :) Brian made the race more enjoyable and I hope he'll join me on others!! I'm gearing up for the AF half in June and maybe the Freedom Festival 10k in July and the St. George half in October.... so long as my legs keep up with me :)


We made worms in dirt for a treat and watched the Disney movie of Chimpanzee for Earth Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment