Sunday, December 1, 2013

25 Merry Days!

The Christmas season is upon us! I love chronicling what happens during the season with our young family. Everyday is always filled with something. Although there are always 25 days in December until Christmas, it feels like the season will be shorter this year since Thanksgiving was so late.  I make our daily journal entries in a handmade journal each year, but this will give a sneak peak at some of our holiday traditions and new holiday happenings...

New to the list this year is a baby countdown! I've always wondered what I'd do with my blue Christmas craft paper, but it sure came in handy this year as we are expecting a baby boy in just 10 days (give or take)! It has been a fun thing for the kids and I to see the chain get smaller each day and build anticipation of what's to come. I've been preparing for Christmas for a long time and have lightened my holiday calendar in hopes to make life easier and the holidays more enjoyable this season with a newborn. I'm excited.

 I usually hang the stocking over the fireplace, which is where I prefer them to be, but I was afraid of the heavy stocking holders falling and hurting someone...between Eli, Calvin and the new baby around. So....the stairs made for a good alternative and it makes the entry look festive!


Brian took the kids to hunt for their very own Christmas tree this year. He got a $5 tree permit from the National Forrest Service and headed down to Fillmore with Grandpa Beutler to find the perfect one. He came back with 3 trees! We gave one to our neighbors, the Manley's. We usually put up two (one for the kids and one for the entry), but we've all been sick and getting one tree up and decorated was enough this year! We will have to surprise someone with the third tree...


  Christmas PJ's 2013 edition :)

 Finally, 12 days of giving starts today! We've chosen a family who lost their wife/mother earlier this year and whom we've felt could use some additional love and support by anonymously letting them know they are thought of this season. We've coordinated 12 gifts to go along the the old classic song of "The 12 days of Christmas" and had fun thinking of and finding things that they would enjoy. We hope they enjoy the next 12 days with anticipation each night. I know our kids look forward to the drop-off!


Here's to a happy holiday season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment