Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dancing Queen

Zoey is taking her first dance class. Every Thursday for 45 minutes at our local rec center.  She loves the music and often parades around the house showing off her moves. I think she likes to play dress up in her dance clothes more, however.


 She was really shy the first week and begged me to stay and watch, which I did. She loomed around the back, kept her arms folded, and didn't know what to do. I could tell she felt really awkward. She moved as stiff as Brain (not what we see of her at home)! I wondered if she would even enjoy an organized dance class like I thought she would. But today, after a month of going, she bounded out of the car and said "At least I have lots of friends here!" She's slowly breaking out of her shell and allowing herself to have fun in the class and do moves without worrying if other people were watching her.


I hope she enjoys it enough to stick with it, but maybe she'll want to try soccer or tumbling next...who knows! We'll try to support her with whatever she decides! I love having a little dancer though!


No comments:

Post a Comment