Saturday, August 3, 2013

I threw a party...

I had an ultrasound a few days ago, but Brian was unable to be there, and I wanted to find out at the same time as he did....so....we celebrated with our family yesterday finding out if we were going to add a new baby boy or new baby girl to our family. I thought that since it's our last one, I'd try to do something fun and creative.



The decorations were fairly simple to get together: the gifts were actually wrapped blocks that I made for a RS birthday dinner centerpiece, the "onesies" came from a baby shower I did for a sister-in-law, the flowers came from our yard )I tried to do a pink vase and a blue vase- with as blue as mother nature can get)! I made the diaper cake (half pink half blue) and cupcakes...added berries and paper products and wa-la!

We did a "fiesta" style dinner with enchiladas, homemade guacamole, chips, fruit salad and cilantro-lime butter rubbed corn. It was good, but I was anxious to find out!!


 The letter held the "Secret" we'd all been curious to hear. We casted our votes as team "girl" or team "boy" (I love the action shot of the boys with Calvin pulling off Eli's hat). We were just being silly.


The letter held the "Secret" we'd all been curious to hear. We casted our votes as team "girl" or team "boy" (I love the action shot of the boys with Calvin pulling off Eli's hat). We were just being silly. 

Turns out team "boy" won the vote... much to my surprise! It's actually been a very hard surprise. I guess I wanted to say I was fine either way, but I really had my heart set on a girl  (and felt positive it was going to be a girl). So, I am working through feelings of hopes and dreams for the future that I'll never see, like Zoey having a sister, or using the name Paisley in our family, of holding another baby girl and seeing those cute baby girl clothes again... and other personal emotions and feelings. I didn't think it would be so hard, but saying goodbye to those thoughts is almost as hard as losing the child itself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment