Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School!

Yay! The kids have really loved going back to school, and so have I! It's great to be with just Eli and Calvin for a few hours...although Eli wishes he were in school too! Maybe I'll put him in a couple days a week next semester after the new baby comes. We'll see...


Jackson started the first grade. I took him to school and walked him to class and he gave me a big hug and told me I was the best! He is so sweet-- I was supposed to say that to him! It was sad for me to have him away at lunchtime (the first ever!) and I worried how he was doing at school, but when he came home he said lunch at school was his favorite part! He gets to play on the playground before school, has morning track time and afternoon recess. Those are his favorite times. His teacher is Mrs. Warnick and he seems to like her so far. He has several kids from his old Kindergarten class with him again this year, but he also made a few new friends the first day. He's looking forward to the school carnival and school parties!



Zoey has been asking me to teach her to write letters and numbers, and wants to learn to read. She's even asked for homework! She missed the cut-off to get into kindergarten this year, so we are putting her through an alternative Kindergarten program to prep her to be tested into the first grade for next year. It's at the same place she had pre-school last year, so she is excited to see her teachers again. If it doesn't work out, she'll still be right on track and well prepared for Kindergarten! Our goal is to have her reading, writing, and doing simple math by the end of the year. I wouldn't be pushing her, but she's asking to do it..so I'm excited to see how she does!


No comments:

Post a Comment