Friday, March 22, 2013

Mommy Daughter Date




Zoey and I went to the Lehi indoor pool for a date on Saturday! It's always a fun experience to take each child one-on-one for a few hours and have fun together. Their personalities are so different when the other siblings aren't around and the competition for attention is gone. Plus...it was just fun to be swimming in the pool in early March when it's still cold out!



She loved the pool, loved the "dark scary" slide, and loved playing hide-and-go-seek around the play equipment. Her favorite hiding spot was the tunnel. She asked for pink ice cream on the way home, so we got a raspberry shake to top the afternoon off. It was time well spent with her.





I asked her if she knew that mommy loved her, and she said yes. Then I asked her if she knew that I loved her, who loved her more than that? She said "Dad." Close! I told her it was her heavenly Father and I hope she knows it and feels it! The theme in Primary this year is "I am a child of God" and I love the moments when we can teach our children that. It's an amazing principle for them to understand...that so many children don't have at such a young age- or any age! We are so blessed to have this knowledge!













No comments:

Post a Comment