Friday, August 17, 2012

Veggie Stand

Last Tuesday, Jackson came to me and said, "Mom, I'm going to sell flower petals and rocks to people to make money and buy a toy." (It reminded me of when Jaran tried to sell me rocks) And Zoey chirped in and said, "And I'm going to sell Butter!"




I channelled their idea and help them come up with selling something that people might buy- like the whole flower, and cookies made with butter. Then we added veggies from our garden and WA-lah! They had a veggie stand! I guess summer isn't complete unless your kids try to sell something on the front lawn!  


 They made a whopping $24 and Jackson finished the day by saying, "I am overjoyed!" I think he like his enterprise, making money, working hard, and spending it all (except tithing, of course)!



That Friday, we went on an excursion to the Aquarium! It is always a big hit. They've added penguins and otters to the exhibit which were both really fun to watch. The kids were amazed!






Today is our nanny's (Audrey) last day of work. sniff, sniff. School starts next week and she and the older two kids will be heading back to school for the year. Summer over! I can't believe it. She really helped make the summer manageable. The kids and I counted all the things we did with Audrey and came up with a sizable list of things I wouldn't have been able to do without her. Some of them included the pool, library, aquarium, park, bike rides, doctor appointments, tree house at the mall, etc. She spent a lot of time reading books, playing, swinging, wiping bottoms, cleaning house, etc so that I could nap or run errands. She was such an amazing help and worth every penny! The kids had an awesome summer too.

We gave her a little going away party today, and here are some pictures of the fun we had on her last day:




This is where they would spend most of their time reading books, telling stories, and playing games. 



No comments:

Post a Comment