Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Here's to 25 years...

.....of public school! AHHH! I can't believe this day has come. Here are a few shots of our first day of schoolers...




We figure that starting from this day on, Brian and I will have kids in public school for the next 25 years! Yikes! 25 years of first day of school routines, back-to-school blessings, summer vacations and all the ups and downs that come with the school system!

Jackson had a great start to his day. He got to meet his teacher on Monday night (Mrs. Godfrey) and was super excited to see his new classroom, the new playground and to start school!


Zoey was so excited to go to school! She asked about it all summer long and FINALLY started last Wednesday! She couldn't wait for August to come, but here we are! I'm surprised at how fast the summer went by. Brian snapped the first day of school pics, and if it weren't for a crying Calvin who needed my attention, I would have liked to capture the picture of him holding Zoey's hand as they walked to shcool that first day. Ahh, I guess I'll have to keep that in my memory....









2 comments:

  1. I on my last year of kids on public schools... where has the time gone? I am looking forward to not having to get them off to school, and no carpools. Enjoy the ride, it will fly by - even if it's more than a 25 year journey as mine has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we hear so often... that this time will fly by! It's hard to believe it when we are in this stage, but know it must be true :) 25 years seems like such a long time! i hope we enjoy it. I'm excited for it!
    We will be in the school phase longer than infant/baby/toddler phase which has consumed our lives for so long up until now....and that has flown by so fast (just like we were told)! at this rate, we'll be grandparents before we know it..ha ha!!



    ReplyDelete