Wednesday, August 29, 2012

3 MONTHS!

Calvin is almost 4 months old and I've never posted his 3 month pictures! It's been a little busy lately, I guess.

This is one of my favorite pictures because it says so much about how far we've come.


I have a photo of Brian sleeping with an infant on his chest with each one of my children. It usually occurs in the newborn phase when the baby will sleep anytime, anywhere in combination with us as parents getting no sleep and also wanting to catch a little shut-eye anytime we can. But since we missed all of that newborn cuddle time with Calvin from his colic and reflux (he spent most of his newborn phase incredibly unhappy and uncomfortable), he just never "drifted" to sleep, especially laying down with us. He always had to be held upright.


But here, at 3 months, he is such a different infant! He has calmed down so much! He has been our BEST baby to fall asleep in our arms, which I LOVE! We still don't have him sleeping through the night yet, but it's coming soon and I can't wait for that day! He is very happy and smiley these days. He loves attention and socializing! He loves to hear the sound of voices and get SO excited when he hears talking. He loves coming to Primary with me for that reason! The kids help out a lot when he is fussy, just by talkingto him. They fight over turns to get to talk to him while he swings or bounces. He loves the attention.

Although he's only pushing 12 or 13 pounds, I've had several people ask "Is he six months old?" when I say he's only 3, they are so surprised. "He's so big" and "He has such a strong neck" are some of the responses.  I don't think he's much bigger than my other babies at this age, but oh well! He sure is cute! He has found his fingers and loves to suck on them, just like Eli did!

No comments:

Post a Comment