Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lazy days of summer...

This summer is almost over! I can't believe it. I think the last time when summer days were truly "lazy" I was young and living off the good graces of my mom. Back then, I had a chance to feel boredom. Thanks mom, for all you did for us each summer, because now I know what amount of work goes into each day! 

We just completed two weeks of swim lessons. They all did excellent! Eli was a wild man in the water. Jackson is learning to be a great swimmer. Zoey was cautious but did very well! 

 We got our first huge blackberries a few weeks ago! They are big and beautiful, but not too sweet. i'm hoping they will make great additions to cobblers or jam, toppings for oatmeal and ice cream and shakes. I'm excited to have these in our yard just as much as I love having our veggie garden!  

Here is our garden..or Brian's garden. I haven't had time to help him with it much this year, but am enjoying the fruits of his labors! It's beautiful and produces a lot of tasty veggies we love!



I've been lucky enough to have help come in the afternoons to be with the kids so I can nap, or get to the grocery store without all kids in tow. It's also been helpful for Dr. appointments and other errands to have her around and give the kids the attention they deserve, when I am unable to be around. She is AWESOME! the other day, she took snap shots of the kids playing on our back patio. I loved the funny faces they pulled. 

 Zoey is so good natured to play with her brothers and all the boy toys we have around. She makes a good companion for Jackson, although she likes to steal some moments to be by herself and play with her "girl things." She'll quietly go to her room and lay out all her accessories, dolls and ponies and just play very quietly by herself. I think she enjoys that time...

 Jackson has quite the budding personality. He has really silly moments and tries to be funny and get a laugh. He likes to be the boss/first/best in everything. He is going through a phase of testing limits, and trying to get by with the least amount of effort. If he has to make his bed, he'd rather sleep on top of the sheets. If he has to brush his hair, he'd rather cut it off. If he is asked to wash his hands after going to the bathroom, he'll use his elbow instead! The list goes on and on! He is super helpful at times, and at others, my biggest thorn. And sometimes when he thinks he is really helpful, he is just to opposite! He makes a great companion for running though. He rides his bike along while I jog and we make a good team. He loves to hold Calvin!

 Look at that sad face! Eli is in the "best of times and worst of times" phase. He can be the sweetest boy one moment and a monster the next. But whatever he does, he does it LOUD! There is nothing quiet about him. He walks loudly, talks loudly (I don't think he has the whisper decibel), and eats loudly. He gives the best hugs and kisses and is so sensitive to other's feelings. But the terrible two's are creeping in and I've seen a good share of some fantastic tantrums. He has learned good pouting techniques from is older siblings! Although he communicates really well, he is the best at combining words, my favorite is "EWK" a combination of Ewe and yuck. Usually said when changing a diaper :) At least he knows context!

I just did an update on Calvin, so I won't do it here, but these kiddos keep me busy! I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment