Monday, July 9, 2012

Calvin is 2 months!

 First off, I know this is not a picture of Calvin, but I saw it on my camera and had to post it! Don't you ever feel this way?


Although Calvin still has some bad moments, he's been doing TONS better! We've had a lot of successes this month! YAY! We started off with some dry burps and a few good nights when Calvin only woke up 2 times. Who would have thought those things could be so exciting! At first I was counting them, but now I've lost track because there are too many good nights in a row that it just seems like the normal thing anymore.  I couldn't be more happy about that! At 7 weeks, he slept for 7 hours straight through! If only I could get him to repeat that!

He is smiling, and mom is smiling! I've tried to capture a few of those smiles, but they are so fleeting, and our camera is too slow to catch the cuteness! I love it when my babies start to smile, it's like a reward for all the hard work!




 He is showing a bit of personality and preferences. He prefers showers over baths, so much so that we have removed the bath out of our nighttime routine and now shower him in the morning. He's just different than any other baby I've had! He isn't much of a snuggler. He loves being outside, that's when we see him the most calm. He doesn't like the traditional cradle hold, but prefers to be held  upright or on his tummy with head nestled by my elbow. He rarely takes a binky-- although sometimes I wish he would! He likes routine and dislikes his carseat. I try not to run errands with him since he cries the whole time he is in the car.  And I'm pretty sure he can tell the moment I leave the house, because no matter what, he'll wake up from his nap and fuss until I return :) He also has meals times planned perfectly to the moment I sit down to eat too. It's like our biological clocks are tuned together or something, but as soon as I sit down to eat, he will also wake to nurse! Usually it means I am eating cold food, or food with one hand while I try to nurse, or I just let him cry until I am done eating.


I can't believe it's been two months. It seems like he's always been a part of our family. I wonder what month 3 will bring?! We love him and are grateful for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment