Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July

We had a great holiday as usual. It was pretty low-key this year. Although one of Brian's favorite holidays, I wasn't up for much with having a new baby. We tried to make it a memorable holiday for him and the kids, and I think they would say it was a spectacular day!

I went for a 3 mile run (it's great to be back in the saddle!), Brian did some yard work, we took the kids to the pool while Judy watched Calvin, we had a small BBQ, and Brian took the kids to a firework show in PG while I stayed home with the baby. It was great. Just enough to celebrate! 


 We had 4th of July waffles topped with blueberries, raspberries, bananas and whip cream. A holiday tradition we all love!
 The kids swam their hearts out at the pool. Eli was a crazy man! He just wanted to jump into the pool from the side, saying "again, again!"Jackson and Zoey are getting to be good swimmers!



The kids thought the firework show was awesome! I wish I could have been there to see their reactions. The next day they asked "Is the fourth of July over?" Sadly, yes. Until next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment