Tuesday, May 1, 2012

We have a 5 year Old!

I can't believe Jackson is 5 already! And that 5 years ago I started the day as pregnant as I am now! A little part of me wishes baby brother would want to share the same birthday as Jackson... but I'll most likely wait out the next 2 1/2 or 3 weeks left. I'm so close! We are excited for his "birth" day too! 

Yesterday we got to visit Jackson's school and bring cupcakes to his classmates for snack time. He requested that I bring the birthday hat too! The class sang happy birthday to him, and all the boys thought he was sooo cool for having "cars 2" birthday cakes. He felt really special and even wanted me to stay. It was a fun visit. 
 



 Zoey got a preview of what next year will be like at school. She loved the visit. The girls were all very nice to her and welcomed her right in.

 This morning, Jackson requested whole wheat pancakes in the shape of a #5. He got to open a few gifts before breakfast, one of which was a pirate outfit, complete with sword and hat and coins. He loved it! (Thanks Aunt Carissa!) He also got some Cars 2 accessories, to go along with the theme of the day....

Pretty much, he's had a great day. If you have read the book "Yes Day" it's been kinda like that for him today. He's always begged to have a "Yes" day! We have grandparents and cousins coming over for cake this evening (he wants an ice cream cake in the shape of a #5 as well, I'll add pictures of the final product when I'm done) . 
*update-cake photos!*
 It's the #5, in case you have trouble seeing it from the side...I should have fixed that before I uploaded, oh well. It was a devil's food cake layered with cookies and cream ice cream. And of course, "Cars 2" figures on top!      

I'm so happy to have this wonderful boy in our home. He is "the best"... just like we tell him every night before bed. He adds a great spirit to our home. He's tender, kind, loving, and helpful. We are lucky and thankful Heavenly Father sent him to us! 

Happy birthday Jackson!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment