Saturday, May 5, 2012

The kiddos

We tried so hard to get the kids involved in the maternity shoot, but they had nothing to do with it! In the mix,  however, we got some random cute shots of them. I wish they could have cooperated more when we wanted them too! I had such high hopes and big plans...oh well! 


Jackson woke up the other morning and said, "I can't believe I'm 5!" I know...I can't believe it either! He's such a big kid anymore. 

 Zoey is such a girl, and I'm so glad she is. Surrounded by three brothers makes the "girlyness" in her stand out. She loves her long hair and is hoping it will touch her ankles soon! She is already looking forward to her next birthday, of which she has warned me that she does not want to share any of her cake!

Eli is such a good kid. He's talking more and more each day. He has a pleasant personality and is at a great stage right now. He's so fun, tender and loving.  He tries hard to be like the big kids...he's getting there! He is such a happy kid!

Anyway, I've had a challenge for myself this week to spend more quality time with these precious kiddos and enjoy our time before the new baby comes...I know my attentions will be diverted for a while and want to soak up some time that I have. We've had some really good, fun, action-packed days. All of them spontaneous, and on all of them I forgot my camera-ugh! We've gone on walks and bike rides, visited new parks and even found a pond with geese, took a stroll with Grandma by the river and threw rocks over the bridge, went for a fun drive to explore a new area (Brian's idea-it was a pretty scenic farm drive and the kids enjoyed spotting new things), ate lunch-out and got dessert or a fruit shake.... it's been splendid. I've really enjoyed this week with them. I know there will be plenty more...but I hope they feel special. They truly are my pride and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment