Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Mater Christmas!"

We went shopping for Christmas trees the other weekend. It seems each lot has a big Christmas Display to lure shoppers in...this one had "Mater" and did the trick for us! It was the coolest thing and Jackson was completely amazed by it! Every detail was covered. Mater is even towing a tiny Christmas Tree in the back....

I do have to say, however, we ended up buying our tree from another lot : ( We like the rustic mountain pine trees and they didn't have a great selection of those, but their other trees looked nice!

I'm so happy that December is finally here! There are so many fun Christmas Traditions I always look forward to doing with the kiddos. We wrote letters to Santa (which the elves delivered). We watched the first presidency devotional, sent out Christmas Cards, and began the yearly tradition of the "Elf on the shelf."




In our home, the Elf watches over the kids to see if they are naughty or nice and then reports each night to Santa while the kids are sleeping. The Elves "appear" in a new spot each morning, and the kids enjoy trying to find their Elf. It's a great thing! 
Jackson has grown so fond of his Elf, that we had to get another Elf for Zoey, so they each have their own Elf. 
Last night, Jackson tried a little experiment... He snuck his Elf into his room, shut his door, and went to sleep with him. I think he wanted to see if his El really did leave each night to report to Santa. This morning, when I woke up, I saw his bedroom light on. So I went in to check on him and he was standing over his bed (which was torn apart, sheets thrown everywhere), with this completely dumbfounded look on his face! "Mom, I went to sleep with my Elf last night, and now he's gone!"
 Hmm.... I told him to go look downstairs, and his face lit up with magic! I love this age!  

Here he is, happy to have found his Elf!
Sweet Zoey, giving her Elf a morning hug! Who could really give these kids a lump of coal? I hope those Elves are giving good reports to Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment