Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Traditions

We have some great Christmas Traditions at our house. About 3 years ago, I started the tradition of writing in a Christmas journal each day to record the things we do throughout the month of December. I don't really have to plan anything extraordinary, but each day little wonderful "Christmas Nugget" happens and I have the joy of recording it so that we can remember these times for many Christmases ahead.
 Here is Eli getting into the Christmas ornaments...the bottom half of the tree is pretty sparse because of the kids...but we still enjoy it!

 Enjoying a hot cup of cocoa! The kids' favorite treat!


 Seeing the lights at temple square! so much fun! We ate at the garden restaurant and the view we had was the best in the house! We could see all the lights below!



 It seems to all pass by so fast, the joys of childhood and the special magic that surrounds this time of year. I wish I could stop it in time, but my little journal is what will help me do that. I was reflecting on the week that just passed and how great it was, and then started thinking about the week ahead and how excited I was for each day (we have something fun going on every night this week)! I just really really enjoy soaking up this fun time of year and the closeness I feel with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment