Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pet Rock

So, I have been getting pretty good at telling bedtime stories. Not to brag or anything, but I can get pretty creative (I loved creative writing class in school). Sometimes the kids prefer me tell them a story than read from a book. Which is cool with me since I can delegate how long the story is and not get accused of skipping pages (skip pages? Who does that!?!)!

Anyway, the story for Jackson last night was about a boy named "Jackson" who loved to explore in the mountains and found a really cool-looking rock that was really smooth and so he wanted to take it home. A few paragraphs later, "Jackson" realizes that the rock comes to life and loves to be thrown around the yard since he has no legs to walk and he is always stuck in the same spot! The two quickly become best friends and live happily ever after,

yada yada yada....

Well, that was all fine and dandy until I woke up this morning to Jackson wanting a "pet rock" named river-rock. So we found one, decorated it and they have quickly become best friends! I even caught him throwing the rock around the back yard (hope he doesn't break a window, otherwise that story will come back to bite) and painting a picture of him (with legs, no less).

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment