Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ONE YEAR!

Eli had his first birthday yesterday! He was by far our best birthday cake eater! He took huge handfuls and shoved them in his mouth and begged for more! He had 3 servings (and this was after dinner, too)! I think he ate more cake than I did.
 I baked a banana cake, a recipe Brian brought home from his mission in Chile. It was frosted with a cinnamon spice frosting, and decorated with a dirt road and a pumpkin patch. A little red truck had a pumkin in the back of it, and I found a cool picture of Timpanogos with autumn leaves, which I used as the backdrop to the scenery. I wish I had a picture of it...but we were to excited to get shots of this boy eating his cake!
Jackson and Zoey ate all the pumpkins, and Jackson said in his prayer last night that he was grateful for Eli having a birthday, and being too little to eat the pumpkins so that Jackson could! 
I can't believe it's been a year! We love Eli so much and so happy he is in our home! He's such a great little guy...





No comments:

Post a Comment