Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home

Home is a sanctuary.... at least it's what it should be. And we aren't the only one's who feel that way about our home!



We have a pair of robins, a pair of red-headed finches, and a pair of swallows nesting around our place this spring. It's so exciting. The robin's eggs are beautiful...and the finch's eggs just hatched this weekend (the bundle of blob below are the bald heads and feathers of 5 chicks)!



I have been thinking a lot about family lately. We have a big summer ahead of us filled with family reunions and weddings (both on Brian's side and mine). It can sometimes feel overwhelming! But a few weeks ago, we had the opportunity to go camping with some friends. It was a fantastic trip, and an evening talk around the fire turned into a discussion on what the most important things in our lives are. We felt our family was definitely at the top.

For our children, a sanctuary is what Brian and I hope to create. A safe place to go from the chaos of the world. The plaque mortared in the entryway of our home says "Safe Haven." I loved it from the moment we first walked through as potential buyers-- and am glad that whoever built the house had foresight to have that placed there.

As a New Year's resolution, I decided it would be fun for my personal development to re-do the YW personal progress program.  I had completed it almost 15 years ago, and thought I'd like to do it again. It has been a great experience, but the most worthwhile thing that has stemmed from me doing the program is the desire it has given me to hold more thoughtful Family Home Evenings. I have used many of the things I study from the value experiences and formulate them into FHE lessons.

Our Monday nights have been awesome lately. I really look forward to them! I love seeing my children feel the Spirit.  I have gained such a testimony of the FHE program. I know I have been supported and blessed when I do my part. It has been AWESOME (even when things don't go "perfectly")!

No comments:

Post a Comment