Monday, September 6, 2010

Day Off

Not often are mothers blessed with a day off, paid vacation time, or sick leave. It's a 24 hours a day, 365 days a year type of a job.

But today, Brian was so nice to allow me some "me time"...a chance to indulge myself before the baby comes. I got my hair cut and colored, enjoyed a pedicure, hand massage, and head massage.... had a wonderful lunch all by myself... I got my wedding ring cleaned, some shopping done, and a lot of reading on Mockingjay (a book I've been waiting to dive into since January when I ordered it)! It was truly a nice day. A once in a blue moon event and I LOVED every minute. I came home feeling much more rejuvenated and ready to handle the changes that will happen in our family with having a newborn....knowing I'll have to be dedicated to this little person every three hours day and night for the next few months!

I've got three weeks to go! I'm so super excited. Time to cast votes! Boy or Girl? Let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment