Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School!

Jackson started preschool this year and we were all very excited about it. This is his official first day of school picture! His back pack is spiderman to match his bike...just like he wanted.
Jackson has been saying two things for the past month to any person we chanced to meet:
1) I can ride my bike with no training wheels and
2) I'm three years old and get to go to school this year, but not Zoey....
In fact, he'd sometimes ask me to let him run up to complete strangers so he could tell them these things. He's very proud of growing up.
We made the day very exciting for him by setting some back-to-school routines, one of which was giving him his first back-to-school blessing. Although it's only pre-school we figured there was no better time to start this tradition! It was a very neat experience. Jackson has been privileged to be around such experiences lately that involve priesthood blessings, and even recently mimicked giving Zoey's doll a "blessing" by laying his hands on its head to "heal her owie"...I count myself very lucky to have him around such great examples that he can know to a certain degree what a priesthood blessing is. It's a wonderful thing.
Brian went in to work a wee bit late so he could ride his bike with Jackson to school. It was a very exciting first day. He loved it and asked when he could go back...that is also a very wonderful thing!
Now, if only I could send Zoey to pre-school! ha ha. I thought it would be nice getting my errands done with only one child (and a half), but she proved to be more work than if I had three!


No comments:

Post a Comment