Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August

August is almost over! It's been a crazy month and we have a crazy fall ahead of us! Brian and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We "kid swapped" with their cousins so we got to have three days away from being parents and enjoyed doing things around the valley. We hiked around the back side of Timp, went fishing, went to the temple, explored some new fancy restaurants, and saw a few movies that we've been wanting to catch....it was fun, relaxing, and purely enjoyable! Liz and Scott called our children "angels" but as soon as we got them back they turned into something else! Brian and I laughed at the irony of it all.



I have just 5 weeks to go, the doc is hoping I make it that long, I'm pretty progressed. I have been contracting daily and even last night a was awaken twice by contractions. I don't have plans to go into labor this early (especially since I'm committed to teach yoga until the 23rd of Sep.) but I really don't think I'll make it to October 4th. I hope not because this is the most unenjoyable part of pregnancy. I don't complain often, but man, I ready for the next phase.




Another thing we've enjoyed this august is our fresh corn on the cob. The kids can't get enough. We have to pick a dozen ears just to feed the 4 of us! It's our favorite summer vegetable and we eat it as often as we can. We even have had enough to put back in the freezer for winter. Now that we've had fresh corn, we'll never have a garden without it!

Can you see Zoey? She's sitting on Brian's shoulders inbetween the rows, this just shows how tall our stalks are. I'm hoping they'll be good to use as fall decorations around the outside of the house when they dry out.
The garden did pretty well this year! We've enjoyed the profits, and Brian and Jackson have done most of the work with keeping it trimmed and proper...I have really appreciated there dedication to the garden since I've had a hard time bending over these days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment