Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swim Lessons

Only two days left of swim lessons for the summer. I can't believe four weeks has gone by so fast! Since I am in a mother/baby class with Zoey, I don't get to see how Jackson is coming along. Today however, Brian showed up to take a few pictures and watch the session. Jackson always talks about playing trains and motor boats. Here is Jackson as the "engine." He is a strong little swimmer. He can do anything he is asked and is getting a little daring with his water "tricks." The important things are that he is learning to float on his back, kick, dive, and collect things from the bottom of the pool. I want to spend more time teaching him how to keep his head up out of the water and to come up for air, but I guess I have the rest of the summer for that.





Zoey is coming right along too! She can hold on to the edge of the pool all by herself, dive under water to collect toys, hold her breath, float on her back and kick on her tummy. She doesn't like to blow bubbles in the water or jump into the pool for me to catch her, which was Jackson's favorite thing to do at that age...





She likes to do things "all by herself" which makes her mad when she tells me to "put her down" and then realizes that she will sink without me holding her! We start off in the deep end of the pool and work on floating and putting her head under water, then we get to move to the shallow end and work on collecting toys from the bottom of the pool and just having fun with the water.

For all of you who want a pregnant shot, here it is (in a swimsuit to boot!)....7 months prego with 11 weeks to go! The final stretch, literally! I feel so HUGE!

Yesterday was the first day that it has been warm enough for the kids not to freeze during their swim lessons. Next year, I'll know not to start their lessons until mid July! We have been in the 90's and enjoying staying by water, but up until now, the kids froze every day! Although it's been cold, they have enjoyed every minute!



















No comments:

Post a Comment