Monday, July 19, 2010

Oak City

Oak City? Where is Oak City? Exactly. I hadn't heard of it before but Dr. Holmes (who delivers my babies and takes care of our family) and his wife have relations down there. It's close to Delta, by the way. Their family visits the area quite often and also have a home down there, which they invited to share with us this weekend.
We arrived Friday afternoon and went boating on what they call "The Rez" (Delta reservoir). It was HOT and the water was so nice! All, except me, got to wake board, water ski or tube (Jackson LOVED the tube). Jackson and Zoey loved floating around and didn't want to get out of the water-- it felt so nice! I wanted to take pictures of our fun ON the boat, but I forgot to put the battery back in the camera before I got on.... so while I had the camera on the boat with us, the battery was back in the car all afternoon.


Jackson sharing his ice cream.....

Mostly we just relaxed and did what we could to stay cool. It was very, very hot this weekend. So I realized that although Doctor Holmes is our doctor, he's a grandpa at heart...our kids got spoiled with fruit snacks, soda, Popsicles and candy (a treat they don't get every day)!


Jackson and Brian played on the tramp in the sprinklers.


Brian and Jackson went four-wheeling both nights to see the sunset. They took wonderful pictures, I wish I could have joined them.



Since I couldn't participate in a whole lot, I brought a book to read and enjoyed relaxing in the shade. As luck would have it, Zoey was running a fever on the trip and we suppose she had another ear ache. Good thing the Doc was with us!

Doctor Holmes bought Jackson this little tractor/hay baler set. He LOVES it. He sleeps with it, he takes it everywhere we go, and all the way home he pointed out all the John Deers we passed on the farms!
We can't say enough about the Holmes family, they are so great! We loved the trip. Not too far away, but far away enough to feel away from it all!



No comments:

Post a Comment