Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Father and Son Campout

Brian has waited three years to take Jackson on the ward father and sons camp. This year, he and Jackson were finally able to go! Jackson talked about it all week. I kept hearing this phrase: "I get to go camping in the mountains with daddy...
and NO mommy!"
He was so excited to help Brian pack all their gear. They had Spaghetti for dinner, peach cobbler for dessert and pancakes for Breakfast. Our stake has a really nice plot of land that was donated by a member of the church who passed away. He owned property beyond the Heber area with lakes and wooded areas and the stake has turned it into a nice camp facility. I've never been, but from the video shots Brian showed me, it looks gorgeous!
A HUGE thunderstorm with loud thunderclaps and lightning, and heavy rain came through that night. I prayed my boys would be OK. When Jackson came home, he said he got scared and had to sleep with dad but that he had a lot of fun. And that's what counts. From video footage, you can see Jackson bouncing off the walls of the tent with excitement- so cute! I love this age.
Brian got more video footage than still shots, but one of the activities Jackson liked was the zip line that went out across the lake. He saw the older boys going and wanted to follow in their footsteps so he decided to give it a try- all by himself! The boys said "wow, Jackson is the bravest boy I've ever met, I didn't go on that until I was 8!"
They also got to canoe on the lake a few times and play around the camp. They came back dirty, worn out and with a truckload of mess to clean, but I'm glad they had such a good time camping together.

No comments:

Post a Comment